The D-Series is a dual rear wheel bus made of 6 longitudinal structural beams, combined with one-piece galvanized steel roof bows that enhance safety and roll-over protection. This mid-size bus can be built to accommodate various types of configurations, seating up to 28 passengers ||
Features and benefits
Built to last structure
- 6 longitudinal structural beams combined with one-piece galvanized steel roof bows enhance safety and roll over protection.
- The full-length, heavy gauge, galvanized steel side impact barriers with reinforced seat rail offer superior protection from side impact intrusions.
- Aluminum Side Body panels for longevity and low repair costs
Enhanced passenger Safety
- Heavy gauge, galvanized steel side impact barriers that incorporate the seat rail into the design for extra strength.
- Reinforced rear door and buffer zone for rear impact barrier
Superior side impact protection
- Offered by the use of heavy-gauge steel side impact barriers that incorporate the seat rail into the design for extra strength and enhanced passenger safety.
reduced operating maintenance and operating costs
- Gravel sheild added body protection and increased vehicle longevity
- Standard LED lights
Double action energy absorbing body mounting blocks:
- Absorb road vibration
- Reduce noise transfer to the interior cabin
- Provide smoother passenger ride
- Prevent frame collapse
- Eliminate the need for periodic tightening of body bolts
- Provides a fully-glassed entrance door and unobstructed “More-View” window
- Standard 32″ electric double-opening door.
Superior Insulation and Quietness
- Fiberglass insulation throughout
- Insulated hat shaped roof bows
- Reduce noise transfer into passenger compartment
- Prevent condensation and corrosion
Reduced operating and maintenance costs
- Standard LED exterior lights
Increased passenger comfort
Extra Wide Body:
- Creates wider aisle for increased safety
- Offers more room for passengers
- 93″ interior width at the hip
Better protection against the elements
Completely sealed floor:
- Ensures that all exterior elements, including dust, moisture and noise, remain outside the passenger compartment
- Use of high quality exterior grade plywood
- screwed on galvanized steel or aluminum subfloor
- Sound deadening undercoating is applied to metal subfloor over and above prior to plywood installation
Best Cost of Ownership
Smooth operating, ADA-compliant wheelchair lifts from suppliers including Braun and Ricon are available for any of Micro Bird’s buses.
Wheelchair Securement Systems
Our recessed wheelchair tracks, Slide N’Click or floor pocket anchorages offer safe and secure transport for special needs passengers.
|FORD / GM||FORD / GM||FORD / GM||FORD (28 PASS)||FORD / GM||FORD / GM||GM|
|Exterior length overall||257″ / 262″||283″ / 289″||315″ / 312″||346″||283″ / 289″||315″ / 312″||312″|
|Exterior width overall||96″||96″||96″||96″||96″||96″||96″|
|Exterior height overall||111″||113″||113″||113″||118″||118″||118″|
|Interior width at hip||93″||93″||93″||93″||93″||93″||93″|
|Interior height at center line||76″||76″||76″||76″||76″||76″||76″|
|Wheelbase||138″ / 139||158″ / 159″||190″/191″||216″||158″ / 159″||176″/177″||191″|
|Engine||6.2L Gas – 6.8 L Gas / 6,0L Gas|
|Transmission||6-speed AOD (2016)|
|GVWR||11,500# – 12,500# – 14,500# / 12,300# -14,200#|
|Fuel tank||40G – 55G / 33G – 47G|
EPA & CARB Certified
MICRO BIRD COMMERCIAL FORD – ROUSH PROPANE SYSTEM
The propane-powered D-SERIES is certified by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the California Air Resources Board (CARB).
– Serviceable with existing diagnostic equipment
– Mobile service technicians available from Roush
– Roush product training and support
– Ford factory – 5 years, 60 000 miles warranty maintained
A variety of seat plans and configurations are available, including track seating and special needs options, offering our customers optimal flexibility to meet specific passenger needs.
Because of our high quality body standards, Micro Bird Commercial’s buses all come with a among the best warranties in the industry.
For a period of five (5) years/160,000 kilometers or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first from date of delivery of the vehicle to the original user, Micro Bird Inc. warrants the:
- Body structure (those structural metal components welded or riveted together forming floor, side walls, roof, front and rear sections) to be free from defects in structural integrity (i.e. breakage or cracking) including rust-through.
For a period of one (1) year/20,000 kilometers or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first from date of delivery of the vehicle to the original user, Micro Bird Inc. warrants the:
- Parts on a Micro Bird other than chassis parts.
- Accessories, or components, except those having their own separate warranty, and/or those accessories or components listed under the section exclusions.