Protected: D-Series Electric
Zero-Emission Commercial Buses
Micro Bird Commercial, a division of Micro Bird Inc., designs and manufactures battery-electric commercial buses for up to 21 passengers. Since 1966, Micro Bird Inc. has continued to set industry standards with its innovative design, quality and safety; creating value for its customers. Micro Bird commercial has a battery-electric commercial bus to help your company reach its sustainability goals, save money on operations, and provide a clean, quiet experience for your drivers and passengers. Our buses are designed and purpose built for tours, assisted living, public transit, shuttle bus markets and many more commercial bus market segments. With over 45,000 buses built to date, we are committed to offering the highest level of quality and sustainability in our products.
Features and benefits
- Produces no toxic emissions.
- Significantly reduced engine/ road noise.
- Eliminates reliance on gas and/or diesel fuels.
- Regenerative breaking system. Reduces wear on brakes. Powers batteries while stopping the vehicle.
- Fewer moving parts.
- Less maintenance requirements.
- Reduction in brake parts and service.
- Good acceleration and control.
- 2 speed transmission supplies low end torque when needed.
- Great power for urban and rural routes. Steep grade routes.
- 4 preset driving modes ( City, highway, eco, Drive). Adjust to driving conditions.
- 100 mile range.
- LCD touch screen to monitor state of charge.
- New EV control cluster.
- Excellent temperature control. Heating and A/C systems. Fully insulated body.
- Level 2: 6-8 hours for a full charge.
- New level 3 fast charge option available – charges a bus in as little as 2 hours.
- V2G compatible.
- 2000 full charge life cycle.
optional live telematics dashboard
Feeds remote information to the fleet dispatcher like:
- Vehicle state of charge,
- Remaining range,
- Potential error codes, which will also serve to notify you if the vehicle is in need of maintenance.
Our D-Series Electric model comes with the same built to last structure, enhanced passenger safety, maximum visibility, superior insulation and quietness and all other features and benefits our original D-Series Gas model has.
BEST COST OF OWNERSHIP
Smooth operating, ADA-compliant wheelchair lifts from suppliers including Braun and Ricon are available for any of Micro Bird’s buses.
WHEELCHAIR SECUREMENT SYSTEMS
Our recessed wheelchair tracks, Slide N’Click or floor pocket anchorages offer safe and secure transport for special needs passengers.
A variety of seat plans and configurations are available, including track seating and special needs options, offering our customers optimal flexibility to meet specific passenger needs.
Because of our high quality body standards, Micro Bird Commercial’s buses all come with a among the best warranties in the industry.
For a period of five (5) years/160,000 kilometers or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first from date of delivery of the vehicle to the original user, Micro Bird Inc. warrants the:
- Body structure (those structural metal components welded or riveted together forming floor, side walls, roof, front and rear sections) to be free from defects in structural integrity (i.e. breakage or cracking) including rust-through.
For a period of one (1) year/20,000 kilometers or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first from date of delivery of the vehicle to the original user, Micro Bird Inc. warrants the:
- Parts on a Micro Bird other than chassis parts.
- Accessories, or components, except those having their own separate warranty, and/or those accessories or components listed under the section exclusions.
Base Ford chassis is a bumper to bumper 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first from date of delivery of the vehicle to the original user.
- Powertrain (differential only) 5 years or 60,000 miles (Ford).
- Corrosion (perforation only) 5 years unlimited mileage (Ford).
Base EV systems and components warranty is 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first from date of delivery of the vehicle to the original user.
- Batteries – 5 years or 60,000 miles.
- Traction motor – 5 years or 60,000 miles.
- Additional EV exceptions (example: steering pump different than chassis) 5 years or 60,000 miles.
- Please note: Extended EV systems and components warranty availability. Details for extended warranty and certain conditions which apply available upon request.